General Visiting Information
ADVISORY: Connecticut Department of Correction will resume social visits effective 10/15/20. Please note that all visits will be non-contact until further notice and shall only include up to two (2) visitors. Offenders that are eligible for social visitation privileges shall be allowed no more than one (1), 30-minute visit per week, and only if facility scheduling capacity and operational needs can support the request. In order to maintain proper social distancing, all visits must be pre-scheduled due to limited occupancy. Cleaning and disinfecting measures have been put in place to ensure a safe visit. Carefully follow the instructions below in order to schedule a visit with the inmate’s facility.
Please note: This page will be periodically updated with additional information.
1. Locate the Inmate
- Go to Inmate Search link to discover or confirm the facility location of the inmate you would like to visit.
2. Be Pre-approved
- Before you can visit, you must be placed on the inmate's approved visiting list. Refer to Frequently Ask Questions #11 How do I visit someone who is incarcerated to follow the process.
3. Pre-schedule your visit
- Once you are approved and added to an inmate’s visiting list, you may request to schedule a visit as long as the inmate has active visiting privileges.
- Offenders who are on any Quarantine Status will not be allowed to participate in social visits until cleared by the Health Services Unit.
- No more than two (2) visitors are allowed per visit to include children.
- Please follow the link below to the inmate’s assigned facility to review the current visiting schedule. Visiting schedules vary from facility to facility. Visits are not held on the day of state observed holidays (New Year's day, Martin Luther King Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
- Visits will only be 30 minutes long (until further notice) to allow for proper disinfecting before and after.
- Visits must be pre-scheduled at least 72 hours in advance with facility staff. Only one visit may be scheduled at a time.
- Visit requests shall be submitted via email through the facility’s website. Email requests must contain the following information:
- Inmate name and number
- Visitor(s) full name and date of birth (to include children)
- Visitor’s contact information (phone and email)
- Preferred day of the week (first, second and third choice)
- Preferred time: Day (Before 4:00pm) or Evening (After 4:00pm)
- A visit is not scheduled until you receive confirmation from the facility. Any individual who attempts to visit a facility without a pre-scheduled, confirmed appointment will not be accommodated.
4. Plan Your Trip
- Travel instructions, contact information and cancellations for each facility are located on the facility’s website below.
- Visitation may be canceled at a correctional facility at any time due to a number of safety and security concerns so we strongly encourage you to reference the website prior to your visit.
- Visitors are reminded per Administrative Directive 10.6, Inmate Visits, attire must be reasonably modest. Revealing, seductive, or offensive clothing may present a safety and/or security risk and may result in the visitor being denied access to the facility.
- Visitors, with the exception of children under the age of two, are required to wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers their nose and mouth in accordance with Connecticut Executive Order 7NNN. Visitors are required to provide their own masks. Masks shall not contain any writing, nor shall they contain any graphics that may present a safety and/or security risk.
- No visitor shall be allowed to enter a correctional facility if they reside in a state that is currently under Connecticut’s travel advisory as defined by Executive Order No. 7111. Please refer to the following link for updates on current travel advisories https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus/travel
- If you or an individual you have been in contact with are experiencing any symptoms consistent with SARS Coronavirus or influenza, you should not visit a correctional facility and should contact your primary care physician.
- For updated information about the SARS Coronavirus and related symptoms please refer to the following link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- For updated information about influenza and related symptoms please refer to the following link https://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm
5. Visiting the facility
- All visitors shall be required to participate in a SARS Coronavirus verbal screening and temperature check upon entering the facility. Any visitor who answers yes to the screening question(s), refuses to participate in the screening or temperature check or has a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher, shall be denied access to the correctional site and referred to their primary care physician.
- Facilities may have different check-in procedures once you arrive. Please adhere to directions provided by facility staff.
- Visitors are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to check in. Due to strict scheduling restraints, a visit may be shortened or canceled if a visitor is late for a visit.
- All visitors must show valid photo identification to enter a correctional facility. Please refer to Frequently Ask Questions #11 How do I visit someone who is incarcerated for information regarding identification requirements for minors.
- Cell phones and electronic devices are not permitted within correctional facilities.
- All non-contact visits shall be recorded.
- A brief embrace or any physical contact between inmate and visitor has been suspended until further notice.
- For additional visiting rules please refer to the following AD 10.6 Attachment A.
Please select a facility below to view its current visiting schedule in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, contact information to schedule a visit and driving directions. If you have not yet installed Acrobat Reader, you can download it from the Adobe website.
- Bridgeport Correctional Center
- Brooklyn Correctional Institution
- Cheshire Correctional Institution
- Corrigan-Radgowski Correctional Center
- Garner Correctional Institution
- Hartford Correctional Center
- MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution
- Manson Youth Institution
- New Haven Correctional Center
- Northern Correctional Institution
- Osborn Correctional Institution
- Robinson Correctional Institution
- Willard - Cybulski Correctional Institution
- York Correctional Institution