General Visiting Information
Carefully follow these steps and related information toward a successful visit. Specific facility information is also included.
1. Locate the Inmate
- Go to Inmate Search link to discover or confirm the facility location of the inmate you would like to visit.
2. Be Pre-approved and Prepared/Know the Visiting Rules
- Before you can visit, you must be placed on the inmate's approved visiting list. See below and get more information from our Frequently Ask Questions #11 How do I visit someone who is incarcerated.
- Upon incarceration, inmates are allowed to set up a visiting list. Visiting forms will be sent by the inmate's counselor to those designated by the offender. The forms should be filled out and returned to the facility where the inmate is being held. Background checks will be conducted and it will be up to the inmate to inform the visitor that he or she has been approved.
- Please note that the Department of Correction conducts a verbal screening process for all visitors, volunteers and vendors to assess risk of exposure of Ebola. Please also be advised, that visitors who are exhibiting flu symptoms will not be permitted to visit with offenders. Please read the following information before visiting:
Ebola Fact Sheet
Travel Health Advisory
Flu Warning for Visitors (PDF, 111KB)
Flu Warning for Visitors (Spanish) (PDF, 111KB)
- Visitors are reminded per Administrative Directive 10.6, Inmate Visits, attire must be reasonably modest. Revealing, seductive, or offensive clothing may present a safety and/or security risk and may result in the visitor being denied access to the facility.
- Visitors under the age of 16, or their legal guardians, must provide a valid birth certificate and one additional document containing the child's name (i.e., social security card, report card, etc.). These documents must presented each time the child visits. All other requirements of Administrative Directive 10.6, Inmate Visits, shall remain in effect.
- Please note that cell phones and electronic devices are not permitted within correctional facilities.
3. Plan Your Trip
- Visiting schedules vary from facility to facility. Visits are not held on the day of state observed holidays (New Year's day, Martin Luther King Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
- Visitation may be canceled at a correctional facility at any time due to a number of safety and security concerns.
- Contact the facility prior to visitation to confirm that the inmate has not lost his or her visiting privileges.
- Select the specific facility below where the inmate is currently located, for its visiting schedule, cancellations, phone number and travel directions. (Confirm the inmate location in step #1 above.)
Each facility's Visiting Schedule is available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. If you have not yet installed Acrobat Reader, you can download it from the Adobe website .
- Bridgeport Correctional Center
- Brooklyn Correctional Institution
- Cheshire Correctional Institution
- Corrigan-Radgowski Correctional Center
- Cybulski Community Reintegration Center
- Enfield Correctional Institution
- Garner Correctional Institution
- Hartford Correctional Center
- MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution
- Manson Youth Institution
- New Haven Correctional Center
- Nianic Annex
- Northern Correctional Institution
- Osborn Correctional Institution
- Robinson Correctional Institution
- Willard Correctional Institution
- York Correctional Institution