For informational purposes only. The Artist Fellowship program will run in our next grant cycle (opens in summer of 2024) and program materials may be revised.
All artistic disciplines are eligible!
Only one (1) application may be submitted per eligible applicant.
Connecticut Artists may apply to the program if you are:
- An artist working in any artistic discipline and the primary creator of original works of art.
AND you are:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of application deadline (Oct. 17, 2022)
- a full-time resident of Connecticut for approximately one (1) year at the time of application deadline (Oct. 17, 2022) and continue to be a full-time resident at the time the award is granted. Awards are subject to verification of CT residency.
- able to complete a W9 as an individual with your Social Security Number.
Ineligible Applicants include:
- High School students and College/University students enrolled full-time in degree-granting institutions at the time of application deadline (Oct. 17, 2022).
- Past Artist Fellowship recipients as follows:
- Artist Fellowship recognition recipients (past $3,000 awardees) must wait five (5) years (FY18 - FY20 recipients are ineligible).
- Artistic Excellence recognition recipients (past $5,000 awardees) must wait seven (7) years (FY16 - FY20 recipients are ineligible).
- Emerging Recognition recipients (past $1,000 awardees) are eligible to apply but will not be considered for emerging recognition a second time.
- Applicants who submit incomplete applications which do not follow the required format.
- Applications submitted after the deadline.
- COA staff and members of their immediate families.
- Applications with past due final reports from any COA program.
Please note: Artist Fellowship awards are highly competitive, and artists are encouraged to apply when they have created a body of recent work that can be presented professionally.