All artistic disciplines are eligible!
Only one (1) application may be submitted per eligible applicant.
Connecticut Artists may apply to the program if you are:
- An individual artist working in any artistic discipline and the primary creator of original works of art.
- An individual folk & traditional artist engaging in artistic work that is deeply rooted and reflective of a community's heritage.
- An individual artist participating with a group/collaboration in the creation of original works of art.
AND you are:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of application deadline (Sept. 22, 2020)
- a citizen or a permanent legal resident of the United States
- a full-time resident of Connecticut for a minimum of one (1) year at the time of application deadline (Sept. 22, 2020) and continue to be a full-time resident at the time the award is granted. Awards are subject to verification of CT residency.
Ineligible Applicants include:
- High School students and College/University students enrolled full-time in degree-granting institutions at the time of application deadline (Sept. 22, 2020).
- Past program recipients as follows:
- Artist Fellowship recognition recipients must wait five (5) years (FY16 - FY20).
- Artistic Excellence recognition recipients must wait seven (7) years (FY14 - FY20).
- Emerging Recognition awardees are eligible to apply but will not be considered for emerging recognition a second time.
- Applicants who submit incomplete applications which do not follow the required format.
- Applications submitted after the deadline.
- COA staff and members of their immediate families.
- Applications with outstanding final reports from any past COA programs.
Please note: Artist Fellowship awards are highly competitive, and artists are encouraged to apply only when they have created a substantial body of recent work that can be presented professionally.