Overwrite a Document File
For document files you update on a regular basis, ensure visitors always get the latest version by over-writing the document file. This will ensure no links to your document are broken and any document properties (content title, teaser, etc.) you previously added are intact.
- Log into Sitecore.
- Right-click the Sitecore image in the top left of the screen and open it in a new tab.
- Select the Media Library icon.
- Navigate to the original document file you wish to overwrite with the new document file.
- Select the document file to view its properties.
- Select the Lock and Edit link from the yellow message bar (if applicable).
- Scroll down to the Media section and select the Detach link.
- A pop up window will appear, select OK.
- Now, select the Attach link.
- A pop up window will appear, select the Choose File button to browse for the new document file.
- Select the Attach button.
- Select the Save Changes icon.
- Select the Edit icon to display drop down options and select Check In.
The document file has now been replaced in Sitecore and any document properties you set on the original document file, such as the Content Title or Teaser, remains intact.
- Navigate the a page that contains a link to the document file and Submit it for Approval. Once approved, the latest document file will publish, OR
- Contact your System Administrator to publish the document file to complete the process.