Lock and Unlock a Page
It is important to understand the Lock and Unlock process with Sitecore. When editing an existing page, the Content Author must Lock (check out) the page and when finished editing the page, Unlock (check in) the page before submitting for approval or publishing.
NOTICE: No one else can edit a locked page besides the Content Author who locked the page. The page can be unlocked by the Content Author who locked it or a System Administrator.
- Navigate to the page you wish to edit.
- Select the Edit icon from the Experience Editor Ribbon on the Home tab. The page will refresh with a message bar below the ribbon.
You can Lock the page from two different areas:
- Select the Lock icon from the Experience Editor Ribbon on the Home tab,
- OR select the Lock and Edit link. The page will refresh and the message bar will disappear.
The page is now Locked and able to be edited.
- Save your changes to the page.
- Select the Unlock icon from the Experience Editor Ribbon on the Home tab. The page will refresh with the yellow message bar again.
Unlocking a Page (from the Content Editor)
System Administrators can unlock a page from the Content Editor by selecting the Edit icon from the Content Editor Ribbon on the Home tab then the Check In option from the dropdown.
You can check to see all pages Locked (checked out) by you and Unlock individual ones or all of them by using the My Items function.
- Select the My Items icon from the Experience Editor Ribbon on the Home tab.
The My Items dialog box will appear.
Select the pages you wish to Unlock. Selected pages will have a blue highlighted background.
Select the Unlock button to Unlock only those pages selected.
- Select the Unlock All button to unlock all pages listed.
- Select the Close button to exit from the My Items dialog box.
TIP: If the dialog box continues to show pages in the list after you have selected them to be unlocked, select the Close button, then reopen the My Items dialog box. There should be no pages listed now.