PURA is responsible for regulating the rates and services of Connecticut’s two investor-owned electric distribution companies (EDCs): The Connecticut Light and Power Company dba Eversource Energy (Eversource) and The United Illuminating Company (UI), in accordance with applicable statutes and regulations. PURA’s regulation of the EDCs covers a broad range of areas, such as:
- Distribution rates and other charges;
- The provision of safe, adequate and reliable service;
- The wholesale procurement of electricity;
- The administration of renewable power contracts;
- Emergency performance and incident response procedures;
- The administration of utility poles;
- Vegetation management practices;
- Metering and billing accuracy; and
- Customer education and outreach.
addition, PURA is responsible for the licensing of electric suppliers,
registration of electric aggregators, and the oversight of renewable energy and
renewable portfolio standards.
more about PURA’s Framework for an Equitable ModernGrid
Information for Electric Ratepayers
- Shop for Electricity
- Eversource Customers
- UI Customers
- Wait 'til 8pm Campaign
- Municipal Electric Distribution Companies
Learn more about Connecticut's Renewable Portfolio Standards and other renewable energy initiatives and programs in Connecticut.
Learn more about Connecticut's Cybersecurity Program and annual review of critical infrastructure.
- Virtual Net Metering
- Electric Efficiency Partners (EEP) Program
- Electric Forms
- Glossary of Electric Terms