The Office of Emergency Medical Services is responsible for the EMS agencies and the enforcement of the Regulations that guide them.
State agencies propose regulations in order to make changes to the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies-Connecticut’s version of a state administrative code. To learn more about this process see the Connecticut eRegulation webpage.
The Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies may be accessed electronically at the Secretary of State's e-regulations website by clicking here. Below are specific sections of the regulations (Public Health Code) that pertain to the Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS). Clicking on the title of the section will take you to the designated section of the Regulation.
- Office of Emergency Medical Services (Secs. 19a-179-1 to 19a-179-21)
- Statewide Trauma System (Secs. 19a-177-1 to 19a-177-9)
- Equipment Grants for Emergency Medical Services (Secs. 19a-178b-1 to 19a-178b-6)
- Need for Emergency Medical Services (Secs. 19a-180-1 to 19a-180-10)
- DNR Orders (Secs. 19a-580d-1 to 19a-580d-9)
- Office of Emergency Medical Services (Secs. 19a-175 to 19a-199)
- Office of Emergency Medical Services Personnel Licensing Services (Secs. 20-206jj to 20-206oo)
- Mandatory Reporting for Suspected Child Abuse (Secs. 17a-101a to 17a-101e)
- Mandatory Reporting for Suspected Elder Abuse (Sec. 17a-412)
- Mandatory Reporting regarding the inability of health care professional to practice with reasonable skill or safety (Sec. 19a-12e)