What is a charter school educator permit?

Read time: 6 minutes

Completing a charter school educator permit application

Charter School Educator Permit (CSEP)

A CSEP authorizes service in approved state public charter schools. The permit only applies to charter schools and only authorizes service in a specific school.

The following requirements must be met:


  • Applicants must submit form ED 710 along with verification of bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and passing scores on Connecticut assessment(s) corresponding to the endorsement area sought.
  • No more than 30% of a district’s staff may serve under a CSEP during a given school year.

School Districts