How to apply from other countries
We ask teachers from other countries to submit specific information to us and approved agencies for evaluation:
1. Application form
Complete the online or paper-based ED 170 application. Include your nonrefundable $50 application review payment.
IMPORTANT: We don’t accept personal checks. If you apply by mail, please pay with a cashier’s check, certified bank check, or money order made payable to: Treasurer, State of Connecticut.
2. Additional forms and documentation
Teaching certificate: Mail a copy of your valid license(s) and certificate(s) for all years of service.
ED 125 Statement of Preparing Higher Education Institution: If you completed a teacher preparation program, please have the college, university, or other program provider complete this form and mail it to us.
ED 126 Statements of Professional Experience: If you have any teaching experience in grades K-12 within the past 10 years, please have the superintendent, district head, Ministry of Education, or other authorized agency complete this form and mail it to us.
IMPORTANT: Any document in a language other than English must be accompanied by a notarized translation of all information in the original.
3. Transcripts from U.S. colleges and universities
You can either:
- Mail us your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Have the university(ies) mail your transcripts to us or send your e-transcripts to email@example.com.
4. Transcripts from colleges and universities outside the U.S.
Please work with one of the following companies to have your coursework evaluated for our final review:
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company
Learn more about requirements for international educators.