Judicial Foreclosure Complaints


Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut - Complaint Notice: 

The Department of Banking (DOB) accepts complaints against any lender or mortgage servicer regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.

How do I submit a complaint?

  1. Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the mortgage lender or servicer to resolve your dispute if you are behind in your mortgage payments or in foreclosure.  If you have a non-mortgage foreclosure, for example, Condominium Association, Property Tax, or Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA), visit Non-Mortgage Foreclosure Complaints.
  2. If you cannot resolve the complaint with your mortgage lender or servicer, determine if the entity is licensed by the Department of Banking using NMLS Consumer Access.  Click on the NMLS Consumer Access button. See Instructions for Using NMLS Consumer Access.
  3. If the entity is not licensed by the Department of Banking, the Department pursues complaints against unlicensed companies that are conducting mortgage lender, broker or servicer activities with Connecticut residents. 

Online Customer Assistance Form

Helpful Resources
Reverse Mortgages:
Housing Guides:

Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, press option 2
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline:  1-877-472-8313

By Email:  banking.complaints@ct.gov

Please Note:

This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions.  Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address.  To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.