File a Credit Union Complaint

Credit Union Share Accounts or Services (Checking, Savings, Debit ATM)

Complaint Policy for Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut:
The DOB accepts complaints against any bank regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default, and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.

How do I submit a complaint?

The Department of Banking does not regulate all credit unions in Connecticut.  Federally chartered credit unions are regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).

1. Determine the regulator of the credit union you have a complaint against.  

PLEASE NOTE:  NCUA identified credit union types as FCU or FISCU 

“FCU” stands for Federal Credit union. The credit union is regulated by the NCUA.  The “Region” listed is the NCUA region office: NCUA regional office for credit unions in Connecticut

“FISCU” stands for Federally insured State Credit Union.  The “Charter State” listed identifies the State Banking Authority that accepts complaints against the credit union.

2. Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the financial institution. This may involve directly contacting senior credit union management or the credit union's customer service representative for assistance.  You may use the NCUA Locator tool to obtain the contact information for the credit union.

Online Customer Assistance Form

Helpful Resources

Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, press option 2
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline:  1-877-472-8313

By Email:

Please Note:

This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions.  Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address.  To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.