Page 1 of 2
PURA Makes Sweeping Changes to Electric Rate Adjustment Process Following Investigation into July Bill Increases
Connecticut’s Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) issued a ruling today after concluding its parallel investigations into the unexpectedly high electric bills received in July and August by customers of the Connecticut Light and Power Company d/b/a Eversource Energy (Eversource) and The United Illuminating Company (UI).
PURA Extends Coronavirus Payment Program Enrollment Date Through February 9 2021
Connecticut’s Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) is reminding all customers that the enrollment period for the COVID-19 Payment Program for both residential and non-residential customers is extended through at least February 9, 2021. Further, the Winter Protection Program, which protects eligible households against heat source shut-offs during the winter months, is also in effect from November 1, 2020 through May 1, 2021.
PURA Commissioner Caron Named 2nd Vice President of National Utility Association
The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) today is announcing that Commissioner Michael A. Caron has been elected as 2nd Vice President of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC).
Revised Electric Standard Service Generation Rates
The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) is advising Eversource and United Illuminating (UI) residential and business customers of revised standard service generation rates that become effective January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021.
- 10/16/2020 Aquarion Water Company Issues Mandatory Irrigation Ban
- 9/23/2020 PURA Extends COVID-19 Payment Program Enrollment Date
- 8/6/2020 PURA Responds to Governor Lamont’s Request to Investigate the Electric Utilities’ Preparation for and Response to Tropical Storm Isaias
- 7/29/2020 PURA to Investigate Eversource Delivery Fee Increases
- 6/10/2020 PURA Encourages Eligible Residents to Access the Federal Lifeline Program to Stay Connected During the COVID-19 Crisis
- 6/9/2020 PURA Dismisses Frontier’s Change of Control Application Press Release
- 6/1/2020 PURA Ruling Provides Additional Flexibility to Renewable Energy Projects Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- 5/29/2020 PURA Announces Extension of Shut-Off Moratorium for Business Customers; Residential Shut-Off Moratorium Continues
- 5/12/2020 PURA Approves Revised Standard Service Electric Rates
- 5/7/2020 PURA Unanimously Adopts Final Decision of Supplier Marketing Standards Proceeding
- 5/1/2020 PURA to Release Final RFP in Equitable Modern Grid Proceeding on May 6