*SNAP Recipients: Starting in January 2023, DSS will be texting renewal reminders to recipients who need to submit their renewal forms. Texts will come from the DSS Benefits Center phone number (855-626-6632). Texts will be strictly informational. They will NOT ask for identifying or personal information. Click here for more information.

*Don’t miss important news about your benefits: Update your contact info online now! Visit Update Us (ct.gov)

*24/7 access to DSS: Already a DSS client? Use the MyDSS mobile-friendly app: www.ct.gov/mydss. Apply & renew services at www.connect.ct.gov, plus get benefit status, notices, report changes, upload/send documents & more!

How To Apply

You can apply online, by phone, by email, by mail, or in person at your local Community Action Agency (CAA). Find your local CAA in the table below.

  • Apply online: Online applications are now open. Click here to get started
  • Apply by phone: Call your local Community Action Agency and request assistance applying for CEAP over the phone (see ‘Phone Number’ below).
  • Apply by email: Download and complete the CEAP application. Email your complete application and required documents to your local Community Action Agency (see ‘Email Address’ below).
  • Apply by mail: Download and complete the CEAP application. Mail your complete application and required documents to your local Community Action Agency (see ‘Mailing Address’ below).
  • Apply in person: Call your local Community Action Agency and schedule an in-person appointment or walk-in (no appointment needed). Remember to review the CEAP application before your appointment and bring all of your required documents to your appointment.

Before you start your application:  

  • Confirm your eligibility:  See ‘Who Is Eligible’ tab.
  • Gather your energy and/or water documents:  You will either need a copy of your most recent heating bill (if applying for Heating Assistance), electric bill (if applying for Heating Assistance), and water bill (if applying for Water Assistance), or a copy or photo of your rental lease showing that your utilities are included in your rent.
  • Gather your income documents (as needed):  If you or anyone in your household currently receives benefits like SNAP or cash assistance you automatically meet the income requirements and do not need to gather any income documents (see full list under ‘Confirm your eligibility’). If you don’t get one of those benefits, you need to submit proof of income. Specifically:
  • If you or anyone in your household is employed, you must provide: A copy or photo of paystubs that show income from 4 consecutive weeks anytime in the last 3 months, or a signed letter from payroll department/employer stating your income in this time period.
  • If you or anyone in your household is self-employed (e.g., freelancer, side-gigger, contractor, small business owner), you must provide: A copy or photo of a completed Self-Employment Worksheet (download here), and your most recently-filed IRS Form 1040, including all schedules.
  • If you or anyone in your household receives additional income, you must provide: Award letter(s), a bank statement showing direct deposit, and/or signed statements. Click here to learn more.
  • Gather your additional documents (as needed):  Depending on your situation, you may need to provide additional documents. If any of the below apply, download and complete the form(s) before you start your online application. You will be asked to upload a photo or copy of the completed form as part of your application. 
  • Zero Income Form: Complete this form if your household has had no income for the last four weeks or longer.
  • Affidavit Certifying Non-Receipt of Child Support Payments: Complete this form if your household includes children who have one or more non-custodial parents who are not paying child support.
  • Certification of Disability: Complete this form if you or a household member have a disability but do not receive disability benefits like Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or the State Supplement for Aged, Blind, or Disabled.

Community Action Agency Contact Information

Check the map to find your Community Action Agency, then check the table for contact information (email address, phone number, and website). 


Access Community Action Agency (Access)


Alliance for Community Empowerment, Inc.


Community Action Agency of New Haven, Inc. (CAANH)


Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut, Inc. (CAAWC)


Community Renewal Team, Inc. (CRT)


Human Resources Agency of New Britain, Inc. (HRA)


New Opportunities, Inc. (NOI)


TEAM, Inc.


Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc. (TVCCA)

Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
Contact Information


Area Covered

Phone Number



Greater Willimantic
1315 Main Street
Willimantic, CT 06226

(860) 450-7400








Greater Danielson
231 Broad Street
Danielson, CT 06239

(860) 412-1600


Greater Bridgeport
1070 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604

(203) 366-8241 ext. 3991








Greater Norwalk
108 Main Street
Norwalk, CT 06854

(203) 838-8110



Greater New Haven
419 Whalley Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511

(203) 285-8018






Greater Danbury
78 Triangle Street
Danbury, CT 06810

(203) 748-5422








Greater Stamford
34 Woodland Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902

(203) 357-0720


Greater Hartford
395 Wethersfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06114

(860) 560-5800









Greater Middletown
44 Hamlin Street
Middletown, CT 06457

(860) 347-4465


55 South Street
Bristol, CT 06010


(860) 356-2000








New Britain
336 Arch Street
New Britain, CT 06051

(860) 356-2000


Greater Meriden
55 West Street
Meriden, CT 06450

(203) 235-0278











Greater Waterbury
232 North Street
Waterbury, CT 06702

(203) 756-8151


Greater Torrington
138 Migeon Avenue
Torrington, CT 06790

(203) 756-8151


30 Elizabeth Street
Derby, CT 06418

(203) 736-5420





New London
83 Huntington Street
New London, CT 06320

(860) 425-6681







401 West Thames
Norwich, CT 06360

(860) 425-6681