How To Apply

***Applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)  for the 2023-2024 season will begin on September 1, 2023.***


You can apply online, by phone, by email, by mail, or in person at your local Community Action Agency (CAA). Find your local CAA in the table below.

  • Apply online: Online applications are now open.  Click here to apply.
  • Apply by phone: Call your local Community Action Agency and request assistance applying for CEAP over the phone (see ‘Phone Number’ below).
  • Apply by email: Download and complete the CEAP Application (English)CEAP Application (Spanish). Email your complete application and required documents to your local Community Action Agency (see ‘Email Address’ below).
  • Apply by mail: Download and complete the EAP Application (English)CEAP Application (Spanish). Mail your complete application and required documents to your local Community Action Agency (see ‘Mailing Address’ below).
  • Apply in person: Call your local Community Action Agency and schedule an in-person appointment or walk-in (no appointment needed). Remember to review the EAP Application (English)CEAP Application (Spanish) before your appointment and bring all of your required documents to your appointment.

Before you start your application:  

  • Confirm your eligibility:  See ‘Who Is Eligible’ tab.
  • Gather your energy documents:  You will either need a copy of your most recent heating bill (if applying for Heating Assistance), electric bill (if applying for Heating Assistance), or a copy or photo of your rental lease showing that your utilities are included in your rent.
  • Gather your income documents (as needed):  If you or anyone in your household currently receives benefits like SNAP or cash assistance you automatically meet the income requirements and do not need to gather any income documents (see full list under ‘Confirm your eligibility’). If you don’t get one of those benefits, you need to submit proof of income. Specifically:
  • If you or anyone in your household is employed, you must provide: A copy or photo of paystubs that show income from 4 consecutive weeks anytime in the last 3 months, or a signed letter from payroll department/employer stating your income in this time period.
  • If you or anyone in your household is self-employed (e.g., freelancer, side-gigger, contractor, small business owner), you must provide: A copy or photo of a completed Self-Employment Worksheet (download here), and your most recently-filed IRS Form 1040, including all schedules.
  • If you or anyone in your household receives additional income, you must provide: Award letter(s) and/or signed statements. Click here to learn more.
  • Gather your additional documents (as needed):  Depending on your situation, you may need to provide additional documents. If any of the below apply, download and complete the form(s) before you start your online application. You will be asked to upload a photo or copy of the completed form as part of your application. 
  • Zero Income Form: Complete this form if your household has had no income for the last four weeks or longer.
  • Affidavit Certifying Non-Receipt of Child Support Payments: Complete this form if your household includes children who have one or more non-custodial parents who are not paying child support.
  • Certification of Disability: Complete this form if you or a household member have a disability but do not receive disability benefits like Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or the State Supplement for Aged, Blind, or Disabled.

Community Action Agency Contact Information

Check the map to find your Community Action Agency, then check the table for contact information (email address, phone number, and website). 


Access Community Action Agency (Access)


Alliance for Community Empowerment, Inc.


Community Action Agency of New Haven, Inc. (CAANH)


Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut, Inc. (CAAWC)


Community Renewal Team, Inc. (CRT)


Human Resources Agency of New Britain, Inc. (HRA)


New Opportunities, Inc. (NOI)


TEAM, Inc.


Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc. (TVCCA)

Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
Contact Information


Area Covered

Phone Number



Greater Willimantic
1315 Main Street
Willimantic, CT 06226

(860) 450-7400







Greater Danielson
231 Broad Street
Danielson, CT 06239

(860) 412-1600


Greater Bridgeport
1070 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604

(203) 384-6904







Greater Norwalk
108 Main Street
Norwalk, CT 06854

(203) 838-8110



Greater New Haven
419 Whalley Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511

(203) 285-8018





Greater Danbury
78 Triangle Street
Danbury, CT 06810

(203) 748-5422







Greater Stamford
34 Woodland Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902

(203) 357-0720


Greater Hartford
395 Wethersfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06114

(860) 560-5800








Greater Middletown
32 Washington Street
Middletown, CT 06457

(860) 347-4465


55 South Street
Bristol, CT 06010


(860) 356-2000







New Britain
336 Arch Street
New Britain, CT 06051

(860) 356-2000

New Opportunities, Inc. (NOI)

Greater Meriden
22 Church Street
Meriden, CT 06450

(203) 235-0278










Greater Waterbury
232 North Street
Waterbury, CT 06702

(203) 756-8151


Greater Torrington
62 Commercial Blvd.
Torrington, CT 06790

(203) 756-8151


30 Elizabeth Street
Derby, CT 06418

(203) 736-5420




New London
83 Huntington Street
New London, CT 06320

(860) 425-6681






401 West Thames
Norwich, CT 06360

(860) 425-6681