What to do after the expiration of your certification
- If such certification expired less than two years from the expiration date such person shall complete Verification of completion 16 hours of continued education for an EMR as required by NREMT; OR be currently certified as an EMR by NREMT.
- If such certification expired two or more years from the date of application for reinstatement, such person shall complete a full initial course with a minimum of 60 hours and the NREMT cognitive (written) and psychomotor (practical) examinations required for initial certification.
A completed EMR Reinstatement Application and in addition, applicants must complete one of the following requirements:
- Verification of completion of 40 hours continued education for an EMR as required by NREMT.
- EMR Training Program Completion Form verifying completion of an approved EMR refresher course, sent directly from your instructor to OEMS if such certification expired while on active duty. Copies of discharged papers (DD214) must accompany the application for reinstatement of the EMR certification.
- If applicable, copies of discharged papers (DD214) must accompany the application for reinstatement of the EMS certification.