File a Credit Union Complaint
Credit Union Share Accounts or Services (Checking, Savings, Debit ATM)
Complaint Policy for Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut:
The DOB accepts complaints against any bank regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default, and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.
The Department of Banking does not regulate all credit unions in Connecticut. Federally chartered credit unions are regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
1. Determine the regulator of the credit union you have a complaint against.
- Credit unions with branches in Connecticut
- All credit unions: NCUA Locator tool to identify a credit union type
PLEASE NOTE: NCUA identified credit union types as FCU or FISCU
“FCU” stands for Federal Credit union. The credit union is regulated by the NCUA. The “Region” listed is the NCUA region office: NCUA regional office for credit unions in Connecticut
“FISCU” stands for Federally insured State Credit Union. The “Charter State” listed identifies the State Banking Authority that accepts complaints against the credit union.
2. Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the financial institution. This may involve directly contacting senior credit union management or the credit union's customer service representative for assistance. You may use the NCUA Locator tool to obtain the contact information for the credit union.
- Financial Literacy Resources (NCUA)
- NCUA Consumer Assistance Center
- To submit a complaint against a federal credit union use the NCUA submit a complaint for credit union regulated by the NCUA.
Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline: 1-877-472-8313
By Email: email@example.com
This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions. Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address. To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.