Educator certification application forms
Your application will be reviewed more quickly if you click on the “Online” option, where available, and submit the application via the Connecticut Educator Certification System (CECS). All forms may also be downloaded and mailed to the address at the top of the form.
- Please read all form instructions completely
- Forms must have authentic signatures. Initials and stamps are not accepted.
- We accept original forms only. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Forms must be mailed to us. Do NOT return the form via e-mail or fax.
- Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Section 10-221d, the State Board of Education must complete a criminal history records check on each applicant for the initial issuance or renewal of a certificate, authorization, or permit. Each applicant must also submit to a records check of the Department of Children and Families’ child abuse and neglect registry established pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Section 17a-101k. Periodically, the State Board of Education is required to submit the database of all persons who hold any certificate, authorization, or permit for follow-up records checks.
For Individual Use
|ED 125 Statement of Preparing Higher Education Institution|
|ED 126 Statement of Professional Experience|
|ED 170 General Application for Certificate|
|ED 170A Short Form Application for Connecticut Initial Educator Certificate|
|ED 172A Application for Initial Educator Certificate for Holders of Temporary 90-Day Certificates|
|ED 176A Application to Convert Standard or Permanent Certificate|
|ED 179 Application for Continuation of Professional Educator Certificate|
|ED 183 Application for Renewal of Connecticut Initial Educator Certificate|
|ED 184 Application to Remove Course Work Deficiency and/or Assessment Deferral|
|ED 185 Application for Five-Year Renewable Coaching Permit|
|ED 187 Request for Duplicate Certificate|
|ED 711 Verification of Out-of-State Educator Certification Tests|
|ED 712 Application for Military Spouse Teacher Permit|
Districts: Please use the forms on this page.