Retailer Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get information about retailers? 

The Connecticut WIC Program can only provide the following information about its Retailers:  Retailer’s name, address, telephone number, website/e-mail address, store type, and if the store is authorized.  To request information about a retailer send an email to

How do I become a Retailer? 

Food stores and pharmacies can apply during Open Enrollment.  For more information, visit the Retailers webpage.

If I am no longer authorized by SNAP, will I lose my WIC authorization?

Yes.  For disqualification information, please refer to Appendix E of the Vendor Agreement.  Non-selection does not affect your SNAP authorization. 

What does non-selection mean?

Non-selection means the Retailer did not meet the Vendor Selection Criteria at the time of authorization.  The criteria can be found in Appendix A of the Vendor Agreement.  Retailers can apply again during the next Open Enrollment period. 

What happens when a business changes ownership?

When a business changes ownership the authorization is terminated.  For additional information, please refer to the description of "Change of ownership" in Appendix H of the Vendor Agreement.

How do I get a copy of my agreement?

Access your CT WIC Vendor Portal account HERE and find your most current vendor agreement on the Uploaded Documents screen.  


How do I train my employees?

Click HERE for the CT WIC Retailers Training Materials webpage.

What food does WIC approve?

Click HERE for the Connecticut WIC approved food list.

What foods do retailers need to carry?

The food items are listed in Appendix B of the Vendor Agreement.  The retailer must maintain each of the WIC approved foods in the quantities stated in the Minimum Inventory Requirements on the shelves at all times.

How do I get a food WIC approved?

Click HERE for the most current food list that provides the minimum sizes allowed.  

Submit product information with nutrition labels, ingredient list, product images, statewide availability and retail prices for the products that you would like for us to consider. Information can be sent to:


State of Connecticut, Dept. of Public Health Connecticut, WIC Program, 410 Capitol Ave, MS #11WIC, Hartford, CT  06106

What are the violations I could incur?

Refer to Appendix E of the Vendor Agreement.

How can I pay my fines or monetary claims?

A certified check or money order should be made payable to: 

Treasurer State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health

Send the payment to: 410 Capitol Avenue, MS# 11 WIC, P.O BOX 340308, Hartford, CT 06134 - 0308

What is the penalty if the fines or monetary claims are not paid? 

The store is disqualified if the fines or monetary claims are not paid.  Refer to Appendix F of the Vendor Agreement for additional information.

Can I appeal a disqualification? 

Yes, you can request a review.  Print the Request for Review - Vendor form, complete and mail or fax it to the Department of Public Health. Refer to Appendix G of the Vendor Agreement for additional information.

Do I need a lawyer for a review? 

It is not necessary to retain a lawyer, however, you have the right to retain private legal counsel and seek legal advice.  Refer to Appendix G of the Vendor Agreement for additional information.

How do I file a complaint on a participant?

Retailers may file a complaint against WIC participants who abuse Program rules by: 

Telephone: (800) 741-2142 or (860) 509-8084