The Connecticut Open Data Portal makes state agency data publicly available in machine-readable format to increase government transparency, drive efficiencies, and spark innovation. Agency staff can publish data directly on the Open Data Portal or with the support of the DAPA unit at OPM. For support on publishing data to the Open Data Portal, state agency staff can contact Scott Gaul, Chief Data Officer, or Pauline Zaldonis, Open Data Coordinator.
Resources for agency staff on open data are listed below.
- Open Data Handbook. A compilation of resources relate to open data.
- Data Visualization. Guidance documents on data visualization best practices.
- Socrata resources for using the Open Data Portal. A list of resources from Socrata on using the Open Data Portal.
- Data publishing resources
- Using the Socrata Data Management Experience
- Getting Started with Data Publishing Using the Publisher API
- Data visualization and exploration resources
- Creating a Visualization in the Visualization Canvas
- Publishing and Visualizing Geospatial Data
- Development and API documentation