Children in your community do not need to go hungry this summer. During the school year, nutritious meals are available through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP). These programs end when school ends for the summer. The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) helps fill the hunger gap.
- Meal Pattern for the SFSP (CSDE)
- Noncreditable Foods in the SFSP (CSDE)
- Offer versus Serve (OVS) in the SFSP (CSDE)
- Serving Sizes for Grains/Breads in the SFSP (CSDE)
- Administration Guide SFSP (USDA)
- Annual Training for SFSP Sponsors
- Claim Submission Schedule for Child Nutrition Programs (CSDE)
- Income Guidelines for Child Nutrition Programs
- Online Application and Claiming System for Connecticut Child Nutrition Programs (CSDE)
- Operational Memoranda for the SFSP (CSDE)
- SFSP Policies and Procedures (CSDE)
- SFSP Reimbursement Rates (CSDE)
Summer Meals Policy Waiver Request Public Notification
The CSDE submitted to the following waiver request to the Northeast Regional Office of the United States Department of Education for approval.
Nondiscrimination Statements (USDA and CSDE)