Child Nutrition Programs | School Nutrition Programs | CACFP | SFSP Sponsors of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Child Nutrition Programs must ensure compliance with the requirements for contracting with vendors and food service management companies (FSMCs). These requirements apply to school nutrition programs, the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
Federal, state, and local laws and regulations specify the methods that sponsors of Child Nutrition Programs must follow to properly procure contracts with vendors and FSMCs (7 CFR 200 and 210). State agencies are required to ensure that sponsors comply with the applicable regulations through audits, administrative reviews, technical assistance, training, guidance materials, and other means (7 CFR 210.19(a)(3)).
Contracts in School Nutrition Programs
- Contracting with Food Service Management Companies: Guidance for School Food Authorities (USDA)
- Federal Financial Management and Procurement Requirements: CFR PART 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Exhibit I: Sample School Food Authority (SFA)/Food Service Management Company (FSMC) Monitoring Form (CSDE)
- Procurement for School Nutrition Programs (CSDE)
To request the CSDE Template Request for Proposals (RFP)/Contract document, contact Andy Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracts in the CACFP
- Invitation for Bid and Contract (Non-profit and For-profit Sponsors)(CSDE)
- Instructions for Competitive Bidding Procedures for CACFP Institutions (CSDE)
- Sample Invitation to Bid Announcement (CSDE)
- Sample Recommendation for Bid Award (CSDE)
- Sample School Food Agreement in Child Care Programs (CSDE)
Contracts in the SFSP
- Food Service Management Company Application for Registration (CSDE)
- Instructions for Contracting with a Food Service Management Company (CSDE)
- Invitation for Bid and Contract (CSDE)
- Recommendation for Bid Award (CSDE)
- Renewal Option Amendment for SFSP Invitation for Bid and Contract (CSDE)
- Sponsor/Vendor Award Conference Checklist (CSDE)