Out-of-State Educators

I am a Certified School Psychologist, School Counselor, Speech/Language Pathologist or School Social Worker

I am a Certified Administrator

Interstate Agreement

Connecticut participates in the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreement (NIA). Under this agreement, to waive specific coursework requirements, Connecticut may accept completion of a state-approved educator preparation program at a regionally accredited college or university from another US state, or a minimum of 30 months of successful full-time experience under the other state’s valid educator certificate (at least equivalent to a Connecticut initial educator certificate), appropriate to the subject area being requested. To be considered, the experience must be completed within ten years of the date of application for Connecticut certification.

The interstate agreement does not exempt candidates from degree, testing and/or experiential requirements applicable to the requested certification endorsement. Candidates who do not qualify for Connecticut certification under the terms of the interstate agreement must meet all of Connecticut’s requirements for the endorsement requested, including coursework.

Connecticut does not participate in the interstate agreement for administrative endorsements.