Resources and Data
DATA AND POLICY ANALYTICS
- P20 WIN (Preschool through 20 Workforce Information Network) is Connecticut's integrated data system. P20 WIN informs sound policies and practice through the secure sharing of longitudinal data across the participating agencies to ensure that individuals successfully navigate supportive services and educational pathways into the workforce. The Office of Policy and Management administers P20 WIN and manages the process to request data. Click the link above for more information.
- The Data and Policy Analytics Unit (DAPA) was established to serve as a resource for data analysis and data-related projects at the Office of Policy and Management. The DAPA unit directs and manages activities related to the collection, analysis, sharing, coordination and dissemination of data and is responsible for the development and implementation of the State Data Plan, the Open Data Portal, and P20 WIN, the State’s integrated data system. The use of data across agencies facilitates a system-wide perspective and is a critical component of Governor Lamont’s statewide performance and results agenda to implement a data-driven and informed policy agenda in state government that is user-friendly, cost-effective, data-informed, and results-driven.
- The Chief Data Officer
is Scott Gaul. The Chief Data Officer position was established in 2018
in accordance with Section 4-67p of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Click the link above for more information.
JUSTICE RESOURCES AND DATA
The following is a list of hyperlinks that direct you to Criminal Justice resources and data developed by or used by the Criminal Justice Policy & Planning Division (CJPPD):
- Center for Effective Public Policy(CEPP), is a nonprofit organization based in Maryland whose mission is to assure a fair, equitable, and effective system of justice and to assist public justice agencies to become more effective in achieving their own goals and objectives in service to the public.
- Connecticut Prison Population Projections, reported by OPM/CJPPD
- Crime & Justice Data Online, USDOJ/OJPBureau of Justice Statistics(BJS)
- Crime in the United States, an annual statisticalresourcethe FBI compiles national,states, andagency reported crime offenses.
- FedStats, Federal statistical information resource
- InfoBase of State Activities and Research (ISAR), by JRSA
- Justice Research and Statistics Association (JRSA)
- Juvenile Justice and Youth Development links are organized by general categories and include both Connecticut and national sites.
- Library of Congress THOMAS, In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress
- Monthly Correctional Population Indicators, reported by OPM/CJPPD,monitors trends in prison admissions and releases to assess and evaluate the implications as they affect the statewide policy to reduce prison and jail overcrowding.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
- Pew Charitable Trust, a nonpartisan organization based in Philadelphia whose mission is to study and promote policy solutions for pressing and emerging problems affecting the American public and the global community. It uses impartial, fact-based public-opinion polling and other research tools to track important issues and trends.
- Re-Arrest Warrant Tabulations/Data, reported by OPM/CJPPD
- Research, Analysis and Evaluation resources represent those relevant to the Division and the Connecticut Criminal Justice community.
- Sex Offender Registry, Offender Database, CTDepartment of Public Safety
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics more than 100 data sources about criminal justice in the United States.
- Uniform Crime Reporting(UCR) Program was conceived in 1929 by the International Association of Chiefs of Police to meet a need for reliable, uniform crime statistics for the nation.
- Vera Institute of Justice conducts research, demonstration projects, and technical assistance to help leaders in government and civil society improve the systems people rely on for justice and safety.
The following is a list thats direct you to general data resources and databases developed, managed or used by the Office of Policy and Management.
The following is a list that directs you to municipal data resources and databases developed, managed or used by the Office of Policy and Management.