- Planning Today for a Secure Tomorrow the basics about what you need to know about long-term care, insurance and the Connecticut Partnership
- What To Look For in Long-Term Care Insurance
- Cost of Long-Term Care in Connecticut
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Before You Buy
- The Cost of Waiting to Buy Long-Term Care Insurance
- Government Programs & Tax Benefits - various program limits (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Insurance Guaranty Association Brochure (Chapter 3 - Life & Health, covers LTC insurance). PLEASE NOTE: THE CORRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT the Connecticut Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association is (401) 315-0526. The telephone number listed in the brochure is out of service. The insurance guaranty limit for LTC insurance is $500,000 per person. Note, it is against the law for an insurance agent to make use of the existence of Guaranty protection in solicitation, negotiation, procurement or effectuation of insurance.
- Reciprocity with other states for Medicaid Asset Protection
- Connecticut Partnership Provides Significant Additional Value for Consumers
- Insurance Companies offering Connecticut Partnership-approved policies
- What is Care Management? - It is NOT managed health care
- Free Public Forums - 2 hour sessions on long-term care (NO Sales!)
- Policy Comparisons Report compares each Partnership-approved individual policy feature by feature
- Links to related websites
- Cumulative Statistics about the Partnership program
Over 114,580 consumers have requested information and/or attended a seminar
Over 72,890 people have applied for the insurance, with over 60,350 policies purchased
Over 5,000 people have qualified to receive benefits totaling more than $615 million
Its estimated that the Connecticut Partnership for Long-Term Care has saved Connecticut's Medicaid program over $69.7 million to date.
For Existing Connecticut Partnership Policyholders (Who Have Experienced a 50% or Greater Increase in Premiums)
- If you are a Connecticut Partnership policyholder and your premiums have been increased by 50% or more cumulatively since you purchased your policy, there are options available to you that will allow you to reduce your benefits below the minimum levels required for Connecticut Partnership policies without your policy losing its Partnership status. You can lower your daily benefit amounts below the Partnership's minimum daily benefit levels and/or reduce your inflation protection level below the Partnership's minimums (as long as some level of automatic inflation protection is included in the policy) and your policy will still be considered a Partnership policy and will include all of the Partnership provisions, including Medicaid Asset Protection. For more information on the options available to you, please call the Partnership office at 800-547-3443 (toll-free in Connecticut - from out of state call 860-418-6318).
PLEASE NOTE: CONNECTICUT PARTNERSHIP POLICYHOLDERS WHO HAVE NOT HAD THEIR PREMIUMS INCREASED CUMULATIVELY BY 50% OR GREATER CANNOT REDUCE THEIR PARTNERSHIP BENEFITS BELOW THE PARTNERSHIP'S REQUIRED MINIMUMS.
David Guttchen, Director