Child Support - Non-Custodial Parent


Parents have a responsibility to support their children financially. Obtaining child support is important to their well-being, and CT DSS can assist parties in obtaining a child support order. If a person does not already receive child support, the child’s parent, guardian, legal custodian, or the person with whom the child lives can contact CT DSS for assistance in obtaining an order for the payment of child support and health care coverage for the child(ren.)

CT DSS can also assist non-custodial parents (NCP) in establishing paternity, establishing an order, and how and where to make payments, along with how an order will be enforced. NCPs may contact a local DSS office for more information regarding this process.


Return to Custodial Party/Non-Custodial Parent page.