How do I get information about retailers? 

The Connecticut WIC Program can only provide the following information about its Retailers:  Retailer’s name, address, telephone number, Web site/e-mail address, store type, and if the store is authorized. 

How do I become a Retailer? 

Food stores and pharmacies can apply during Open Enrollment.  For more information, visit the Retailers page.

If I am no longer authorized by SNAP or WIC, will I lose my WIC or SNAP authorization?

Yes.  For disqualification information, please refer to page 2 of the Vendor Agreement.  Non selection does not affect your SNAP authorization. 

What does non selection mean?

 Non selection means the Retailer did not meet the Vendor Selection Criteria at the time of authorization.  The criteria can be found in Appendix A in the Vendor Agreement.  Retailers can apply again during Open Enrollment. 

What happens when a business changes ownership?

 When a business changes ownership, the authorization is terminated.  For additional information, please refer to page 1 of the Vendor Agreement and Appendix H in the Vendor Agreement.

Where do I purchase replacement paper roll in my POS Stand Beside terminal?

You can either buy an inkpad for the stamp (Trodat Printy 4913) or buy a bottle of replacement black ink.

How do I get a copy of my agreement?

Send an email to with the following information: Store name, Store address, Vendor number, Owner’s name, Contact information


How do I train my employees?

Click here for the Open Enrollment Training 2018

Click here for the Spanish Open Enrollment Training 2018

Click here for the Pharmacy training 2018

What food does WIC approve?

Click here for the Connecticut WIC approved food list.

What foods do retailers need to carry?

The food items are listed in Appendix B in the Vendor Agreement.  The retailer must maintain each of the WIC approved foods, in the quantities stated, on the shelves at all times.

How do I get a food WIC approved?

 Click here for our most current food list that provides the minimum sizes that we allow and the regulations (page 28/68992) for the nutrition criteria that products need to meet.  Submit products that meet the federal requirements to be approved in the Connecticut WIC Program by June 1st.

Submit the product information with nutrition labels, ingredient list, product images, statewide availability and retail prices for the products that you would like for us to consider. Information can be sent to: OR

State of Connecticut, Dept. of Public Health Connecticut, WIC Program, 410 Capitol Ave, MS #11WIC, Hartford, CT  06106

What are the violations I could incur?

Refer to Appendix F in the Vendor Agreement.

How can I pay my fines?

A certified check or money order should be made payable to:  Treasurer State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health

Send the payment to: 410 Capitol Avenue, MS# 11 WIC, P.O BOX 340308, Hartford, CT 06134 - 0308

What is the penalty if the fines are not paid? 

 The store is disqualified if the fines are not paid.  Refer to Appendix F in the Vendor Agreement for additional information.

Can I appeal a disqualification? 

 Yes, you can request a review.  Print the Request for Review document, complete and mail or fax to the Department of Public Health. Refer to Appendix G in the Vendor Agreement for additional information. Request for Review-Vendor

Do I need a lawyer for a review? 

It is not necessary to retain a lawyer, however, you have the right to retain private legal counsel and seek legal advice.  Refer to Appendix G in the Vendor Agreement for additional information.

How do I file a compliant on a participant?

Retailers may file a complaint against WIC participants who abuse Program rules by: 

Telephone: 1-800-741-2142 or (860) 509-8084