To protect the health and safety of the public and our employees, the Department of Banking has limited the number of employees at our office at 260 Constitution Plaza in Hartford. When contacting the Department, please use electronic communication whenever possible. Consumers are encouraged to use our online form for complaints. If you are unsure where to send an inquiry, you may send it to and it will be routed appropriately. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Mortgage Assistance

Sponsored by the Office of the Governor,
Office of the Attorney General
and the Connecticut Department of Banking  

Thursday, October 9, 2014
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Conference Center at CoCo Key
3580 East Main Street, Waterbury, CT

Parking is FREE

Event Flyer(pdf, 1 MB)
Directions(pdf, 12 KB)

Meet one-on-one with your mortgage lender
or a HUD-approved housing counselor!
For questions, please contact the Foreclosure Assistance Hotline:
Participating Lenders/Loan Servicers:
Bank of America
Green Tree Servicing
HSBC National Bank USA
 - HFC (Household Finance)  
 - Beneficial Finance
JPMorgan Chase
Nationstar Mortgage 
Ocwen Loan Servicing
 - GMAC Mortgage
People's United Bank
Select Portfolio Servicing
U.S. Bank Home Mortgage
Webster Bank, NA
Wells Fargo Bank, NA
  - America's Servicing Company
  - Wachovia

to customers of the following banks or loan servicers:
If your lender is not currently listed, check back for updates.
Participating Government Service Agencies:
Fannie Mae
Participating HUD-Approved Housing Counselors:
Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.
Catholic Charities
Community Renewal Team
Greater New Haven Community Loan Fund
Neighborhood Housing Services of New Britain
Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven
Neighborhood Housing Services of Waterbury
NID Housing Counseling Agency
Urban League of Southern Connecticut
Other Invited Agencies:
Connecticut Association for Community Action Agencies
Connecticut Bar Association
Connecticut Department of Labor
Connecticut Department of Social Services
Connecticut Fair Housing Center
Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
Judicial Branch Mediation
Money Management International
The Mortgage Crisis Job Training Program / The WorkPlace, Inc.
The Real Options, Overcoming Foreclosure Project (ROOF)
Statewide Legal Services
United Way of CT / Infoline 2-1-1
U.S. Department Agriculture - Rural Housing
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
U.S. Veterans Administration

Documents to Bring 

Printable version(pdf, 58 KB); En español(pdf, 17 KB)
  • Most recently filed and signed federal tax return with all schedules, and attachments including W2s
  • Three most recent statements (all pages) for every bank, investment, and retirement account
  • Most recent statement for every department store/credit card, auto/student loan, and other mortgages/liens
  • A form of state-issued identification, such as a driver’s license
  • A recent utility bill with your name and property address to show proof of residency
  • Signed and dated Hardship Letter detailing why it is difficult for you to make your mortgage payments
  • List of all household monthly income and expenses (actual expense monthly statement)
  • A copy of your Homeowners Insurance Declaration Page and Real Estate Property Tax Certification (tax bill)
  • For each salaried borrower:
    A month’s worth of the most recent paystubs (within 30 days of the event)
  • For each self-employed borrower:
    Most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit/loss statement stating three months of business bank statements
  • For each borrower with income such as Social Security, disability or death benefits, pension, adoption assistance, public assistance, food stamps, or unemployment:
    Benefits statement or Award Letter from provider, proof that you receive unemployment wages for a minimum of 12 months
  • For each borrower relying on alimony or child support as qualifying income:
    Divorce or other court decree, or separation agreement or other written agreement filed with the court stating amount and period of time it will be received, and three most recent bank statements showing receipt of such payment
  • For borrowers relying on rental income:
    A complete schedule of real estate that you own, including the monthly payment amount for principle and interest, the amount of taxes and insurance/escrowed), and any homeowner association dues, current Lease Agreement(s) in its entirety, signed and dated, and three months of bank statements showing deposit of payment or cancelled checks showing receipt of payment
  • For borrowers with income from other source(s) that amount to more than 20% of your total yearly income (this could include bonuses, tips or investment income, and letters regarding contribution to mortgage payments):
    A copy of documentation describing the nature of the income (employment contract or tip income)
  • For borrowers that belong to a Homeowners Association:
    A copy of a current bill or assessment.
Also print out and bring the following documents with you.  You may request copies to be mailed to you by calling 860-240-8170 or 1-877-472-8313.

Questions?  Call 1-877-472-8313