Information for Consumers:
- The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has expanded the COVID-19 Recovery Options for all borrowers in default or imminent default, including non-occupant borrowers, regardless of the reason for default. If you are experiencing a financial hardship impacting your ability to make on-time mortgage payments, contact your mortgage servicer as soon as possible to discuss your options. If you have an FHA-insured mortgage, there may be options available to you.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has resources for homeowners.
See also Help for Homeowners and Renters
Principal and interest payments on federally held student loans were suspended during the pandemic. The U.S. Department of Education’s COVID-19 relief for student loans is ending this year. Student loan interest resumed on Sept. 1, 2023, and payments restarted in October. Get more information at the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid site.
- Order Establishing Requirements for Conducting Business from a Remote Office Location - July 1, 2021
- No Action Policy Extended until June 30, 2021 for Certain Branch Offices - March 1, 2021
- No Action Policy Extended until March 31, 2021 for Certain Branch Offices - December 17, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended until December 31, 2020 for Certain Branch Offices - August 21, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended until August 31, 2020 for Certain Branch Offices - June 19, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended until June 30, 2020 for Certain Branch Offices - May 20, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended for Certain Branch Offices Due to COVID-19 Outbreak - April 16, 2020
- Extended Deadlines for Call Reports and Financial Statement Filings for Consumer Credit Licensees
- Banking Commissioner Issues Guidance to Mortgage Servicers - March 18, 2020
- No Action Policy for Certain Branch Offices During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Memo to Financial Institutions Regarding Access to Stimulus Funds
- Banking Commissioner Issues COVID-19 Guidance to Banks and Credit Unions
Securities and Business Investments:
- Interim Guidance on Paperless Submission of Investment Company Filings in Light of Pandemic Restrictions - Updated 10/6/2021
- Interim Guidance on Paperless Submission of Securities Registration, Exemption and Covered Security Filings and Business Opportunity Registration Filings in Light of Pandemic Restrictions - Updated 10/6/2021