Information for Consumers:
VIDEO: CARES Act Mortgage Forbearance: What You Need to Know by the CFPB
Principal and interest payments on federally held student loans are automatically suspended through September 30, 2021. See information for Student Loan Borrowers from the CFPB.
Assistance for Small Business:
Paycheck Protection Program: The Small Business Administration, in coordination with the U.S. Treasury Department, will provide up to $350 billion in fully forgivable loans to help small businesses maintain payrolls during the coronavirus pandemic.
- No Action Policy Extended until June 30, 2021 for Certain Branch Offices - March 1, 2021
- No Action Policy Extended until March 31, 2021 for Certain Branch Offices - December 17, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended until December 31, 2020 for Certain Branch Offices - August 21, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended until August 31, 2020 for Certain Branch Offices - June 19, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended until June 30, 2020 for Certain Branch Offices - May 20, 2020
- No Action Policy Extended for Certain Branch Offices Due to COVID-19 Outbreak - April 16, 2020
- Extended Deadlines for Call Reports and Financial Statement Filings for Consumer Credit Licensees
- Banking Commissioner Issues Guidance to Mortgage Servicers - March 18, 2020
- No Action Policy for Certain Branch Offices During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Memo to Financial Institutions Regarding Access to Stimulus Funds
- Banking Commissioner Issues COVID-19 Guidance to Banks and Credit Unions
Securities and Business Investments:
- Interim Guidance on Paperless Submission of Investment Company Filings in Light of Pandemic Restrictions - Updated 8/10/2020
- Interim Guidance on Paperless Submission of Securities Registration, Exemption and Covered Security Filings and Business Opportunity Registration Filings in Light of Pandemic Restrictions - Updated 8/10/2020
- Connecticut-Registered Investment Advisers: Relief From Financial Reporting Obligation In Light of Coronavirus Pandemic
For the latest information, resources, executive orders, and guidance related to coronavirus (COVID-19), visit ct.gov/coronavirus.