Using NMLS Consumer Access
To confirm that a company or individual is licensed to do business in Connecticut, please use the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) by clicking on the NMLS Consumer Access button below:
See the instructions below to search for an individual or company in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS):
From the NMLS Consumer Access section and the NMLS link:
- Type in the company or individual name in NMLS. Enter a Name, Company, City, State, Zip Code, NMLS ID or License Number field. (Note: You only need to type in an individual name if you are searching for a Loan Originator.)
- Click on the Search button. If there is a match in NMLs, the Individual or Company Name pop-up box appears.
- Click on the Individual or Company check boxes.
- Select “Connecticut from the Any Regulator drop-down box.
- Click on the Apply Filters box.
- Click on the Search box.
Important Note: If you are using filters, before you click on Search button, click on the Apply Filters box.
- Click on the company or individual name on the pop-up box. You will receive the NMLS Consumer Access screen.
- The Consumer Access screen includes the individual or company name, NMLS ID, street and mailing address, phone number, Toll-Free Number, fax number, website, and email address.
- In the State Licenses/Registrations section, view the Regulator field to see if “Connecticut” displays in the field. This will confirm that the company or individual is licensed in Connecticut.
- View the Lic/Reg Name field, which displays “[Individual or Company] License,” to confirm the company or individual’s license type.