File a Mortgage Modification Complaint


Complaint Policy for Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut: 

The DOB accepts complaints against any lender or mortgage servicer regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.

How do I submit a complaint?

  1. Determine whether the mortgage broker, lender, mortgage servicer or individual is licensed by the DOB.  See verify a mortgage license.
  2. Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the broker, lender or servicer to resolve your dispute.
  3. The DOB pursues complaints against unlicensed companies that are conducting mortgage  lender, broker or servicer activities to Connecticut residents. 

Online Customer Assistance Form

Helpful Resources

Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline:  1-877-472-8313

By Email:

Please Note:

This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions.  Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address.  To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.