File a Mortgage Modification Complaint
Complaint Policy for Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut:
The DOB accepts complaints against any lender or mortgage servicer regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.
How do I submit a complaint?
- Determine whether the mortgage broker, lender, mortgage servicer or individual is licensed by the DOB. See verify a mortgage license.
- Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the broker, lender or servicer to resolve your dispute.
- The DOB pursues complaints against unlicensed companies that are conducting mortgage lender, broker or servicer activities to Connecticut residents.
- Foreclosure Hotline: 1-877-472-8913
- Avoiding Foreclosure
- Contact a HUD-Approved Housing Counselor
- Contact the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA), which administers the Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP). Phone: 1-877-571-2432 or 860-721-9501.
Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline: 1-877-472-8313
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions. Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address. To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.