File a Mortgage Complaint
Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut - Complaint Notice:
The Department of Banking (DOB) accepts complaints against any lender or mortgage servicer regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.
How do I submit a complaint?
- Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the mortgage broker, lender or servicer to resolve your dispute.
- If you cannot resolve the complaint with your broker, lender or servicer, determine if the entity is licensed by the Department of Banking using NMLS Consumer Access. Click on the NMLS Consumer Access button. See Instructions for Using NMLS Consumer Access.
- If the entity is not licensed by the Department of Banking, the Department pursues complaints against unlicensed companies that are conducting mortgage lender, broker or servicer activities to Connecticut residents.
- Know Before You Owe (Consumer Finance Protection Bureau)
- A Consumer’s Guide to Mortgage Refinancing(Federal Reserve)
- What to Know When Shopping For a Mortgage to Purchase a Home
- Interest-Only Mortgage Payments and Payment-Option ARMs (FDIC)
- Reverse Mortgages:
Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline: 1-877-472-8313
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions. Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address. To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.