To protect the health and safety of the public and our employees, DOAG has limited the number of employees at our 450 Columbus Blvd office and as such, mail and messages may receive a delayed response. Please use our online services and email specific COVID-19 related issues to

Licenses and Permits
Agency Licenses, Registrations and Permits - The agency oversees the issuance of permits related to dairy, livestock, poultry, domestic pet-related operations, agricultural commodities, and seafood. 
Aquaculture Licenses - Link to the Bureau of Aquaculture's Applications, Forms, and Licenses page.

Animal Control Officer Certification

Processes and Procedures for Licensing and Registration

Procedure to Become Licensed as a Producer of Milk for Pasteurization and/or Retail Raw Milk (.pdf) updated August 2017

o  Poultry Slaughter Flow Chart 

Connecticut Department of Agriculture Voluntary Small Shell Egg Processing Plant Inspection Program

              o  Shell Egg Flow Chart

The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has a number of permits that farmers may need to consider:

Deer Crop Damage Permit

Canada Goose Agricultural Damage Permit

- Link to State of CT's E-license website