Heating, Cooling and Sheet Metal Work Hearth Product Work, Fuel Gas Work LicensesApplication Information:
- What license type do I need? To review the scope of work for available license types click on Heating, Piping and Cooling; Sheet Metal Work; or Hearth Product Work to determine what best covers the services you intend to provide.
- Every individual applicant must take an exam(s) – Please note: Separate fees will be due to the exam vendor at time of exam registration.
- Connecticut does not have reciprocal agreements with any other jurisdiction.
- Only individuals can apply, company applications are not accepted.
- The Department does not pre-approve or review applications before submission.
- Application fee for contractor is $150.00 (Non-Refundable).
- Application fee for journeyperson is $90.00 (Non-Refundable).
- To apply online you must have a User ID and password.
- Contractor License Types: If you have held the respective journeyperson license for more than two years, apply here or Contractor Paper Application.
- Journeyperson License Types: If you completed an apprenticeship with the Connecticut Department of Labor, apply here: or Journeyperson Paper Application.
All heating, cooling and sheet metal work licenses expire on annually on August 31st. Renewal fee: Contractor: $150.00; Journeyperson: $120.00.
Scope of Work Definitions: