Connecticut State Data Plan
The mission of the CT State Data Plan is to connect the people and processes involved with data to promote communication between, and appropriate integration of, formerly siloed data, teams, and systems. The Plan was created to ensure that data are treated as State assets and managed consistently and appropriately across state government. This plan is intended to guide future information technology actions and initiatives, which must be consistent with the Plan going forward.
What is the State Data Plan?
The State Data Plan is a framework for the state’s executive branch agencies to engage in a consistent approach to data stewardship, use, and access. It is not just an open data plan, but one that is applicable to all data in the custody and control of executive branch agencies.
Developed in accordance with Section 4-67p of the Connecticut General Statutes, the Plan must:
- Establish data management & analysis standards,
- Include specific achievable goals,
- Make recommendations to enhance standardization & integration of data systems & data management practices,
- Review legal issues and concerns related to data sharing, and
- Set goals for improving the open data repository.
Why a State Data Plan?
- To ensure that data are treated as State assets and managed consistently and appropriately across state government.
- To create efficiencies and process improvements that will ultimately reduce the amount of overhead necessary to leverage agency data assets.
- To guide future information technology actions and initiatives, which must be consistent with the Plan going forward.
Read the 2021 - 2022 State Data Plan
The 2021- 2022 State Data Plan, and a related Progress Report and summary slides are posted at the links below.
- Connecticut State Data Plan 2020 FINAL
- Progress Report for 2019 - 2020 State Data Plan
- Connecticut State Data Plan summary 2020
We encourage comments and feedback on the plan implementation, which may be emailed directly to the Chief Data Officer.
Read the 2019 - 2020 State Data Plan
Connecticut's first State Data Plan covers 2019 - 2020. The plan and the draft versions can be found at the links below.
Previous Drafts for the 2019 - 2020 State Data Plan