Keeping Your SNAP Benefits Active

If you want to keep getting SNAP benefits, you must submit forms so we know if you are still eligible and if anything has changed. Most people have to submit a form every 6 months.

There are 4 things you have to do to keep your SNAP benefits:

  1. Update your address and phone number with DSS whenever they change. This helps to ensure your forms and letters go to the right place. More information can be found here
  2. Submit a Periodic Report Form (PRF)
    Usually every 6 months after you start getting SNAP or complete a Renewal Form. This form asks if anything about your situation has changed. If we have any questions, we will contact you.
  3. Submit a Renewal Form
    Usually every 12 months. After you turn in this form, we might call you to interview you to understand your situation.
  4. Changes you need to report
    There are certain things you need to report at any time, like if your income goes over a certain amount. You also need to report if you have significant lotto or gambling winnings in a single game.