SNAP Periodic Report Form (PRF)


Periodic Report Form (PRF)

The PRF is the way we get information on changes since your last review. You will get a PRF half-way through your renewal period. This is usually every 6 months after you started SNAP or submitted a Renewal Form, unless you are elderly and/or disabled.

Your PRF will be pre-filled with information about your household that we have in your case file. When you get your PRF, you need to fill it out and return it to us.

Getting your PRF

About 45 days before your PRF is due, we will mail the form to the address we have on file.

To make sure you get your PRF on time, log in to MyDSS and update us if any of the following has changed:

  • Your current address
  • Your phone number
  • Your email address

You can also do your PRF online, on your phone, or on your tablet at MyDSS.

Filling out your PRF

When filling out your PRF, you should only update the information that has changed. If you have changes to report, please return all pages of your PRF with the needed documents. The PRF will explain what documents you need to provide. If you have no changes to report, you still need to answer the questions and return your PRF.

Returning your PRF

There are 3 ways you can submit your PRF:

  1. Submit your PRF online
    1. We will get your form sooner
    2. Visit MyDSS on a computer, phone, or tablet.
    3. For more information on MyAccount online services, please visit the video guides for DSS clients.
  2. Mail your PRF to the DSS Scanning Center:
    DSS Scanning Center
    PO Box 1320, Manchester, CT 06045-1320
    1. Your PRF includes an envelope with the address and stamp already on it. You can mail your PRF from any USPS mailbox or Post Office.
    2. Be sure to include the attached cover sheet.
  3. Go to a local DSS Resource Center to drop off your form, or to get a new paper copy of your PRF.

You will not need an interview as part of the PRF. We will only call you if we need more information, or if something is not clear.

Changes you need to report on your PRF

You must report the following changes on your PRF:

  • If you are working and your monthly income is over $125 from the amount listed on your PRF.
  • If you get unearned income, like workers’ compensation, Veterans’ benefits, pension, child support, alimony, Social Security Administration (SSA), unemployment income, etc., and your monthly income is over $125 from the amount listed on the PRF.
  • If you start, stop, or change jobs.
  • When someone moves in or out of your home.
  • When an ABAWD’s combined work and/or E&T program hours are less than 80 hours per month (20 hours per week averaged monthly).
  • Changes in where you live and/or the amount you pay for where you live.
  • Changes to the amount of child support you have to pay legally.
  • If you receive lotto/gambling winnings that are $4,250 or more in a single game.

What happens if you don’t turn in your PRF or turn it in late

You need to complete and return your PRF even if you have no changes to make. If you don't, your SNAP may stop. If you complete the PRF late, you may not get a full month's worth of SNAP money.

If more than 30 days has passed from when your SNAP closed, and you still want to get SNAP benefits, you will need to turn in an application form and start over.