Upcoming CT DRS webinar: Select to register for the upcoming Withholding Tax Overview Webinar on Wednesday, July 24, 2024, at 10:00 a.m.

Connecticut IFTA

Manage your IFTA account from myconneCT now!

Click here for more information

CT Waiver of Licensing Registration Requirement With Regard to Importation/Distribution of Fuel - COVID-19 - March 23, 2020

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among jurisdictions (states of the United States and Canadian provinces) to simplify the reporting of the fuel use taxes by interstate carriers. IFTA may significantly reduce the paperwork and compliance burdens for reporting fuel tax liability for gasoline, diesel, propane, blended fuels (gasohol or ethanol), compressed natural gas, E-85, M-85, and A55.

IFTA Reference Materials

To register for the first time as an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) licensee in Connecticut, you must register with the Department of Revenue Services (DRS) as a Connecticut business and complete the IFTA/Motor Carrier registration through myconneCT.

Please be advised when registering:

  • You must provide your USDOT number at the time of registration.
  • To obtain a USDOT number visit: FMCSA
    • Note: The Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) provided to FMCSA must be the same as what you obtained from the IRS.
  • To obtain an Employer Identification Number visit: IRS.Gov

Once you have provided all required registration information, the final step in the myconneCT registration process is to create a myconneCT username and password for online access to your account. You can then log in to your myconneCT account to obtain your CT Registration Number. Once you register, DRS will process your application and mail your license and decal(s) to you along with your unique IFTA Account Number. You will then be able to file returns, make payments, order additional decals, and renew licenses using myconneCT.

Click here for IFTA forms.

For IFTA-related myconneCT tutorials, click here. For FAQs, click here.

Other motor vehicle information websites: