Controlled Substance Registration

 The State of Connecticut has a statutory requirement that any prescribing practitioner authorized in their professional practice act to prescribe, administer and dispense controlled drugs must obtain a Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration.  This registration is a prerequisite for the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration registration and may be obtained from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection.


Should you wish to prescribe, administer or dispense controlled drugs in Connecticut, please contact:


Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection

Drug Control Division

165 Capitol Avenue

Hartford, CT 06106

(860) 713-6065


United States Drug Enforcement Administration