UPDATED January 8, 2021--Governor Ned Lamont’s Executive Order #6 directs the Connecticut Department of Social Services to establish an Advisory Board for Transparency on Medicaid Cost and Quality. Per the Executive Order, the Advisory Board consists of several state agency heads and individuals invited to participate by DSS Commissioner Deidre S. Gifford, including one or more members served by Connecticut HUSKY Health, representatives of Medicaid-enrolled providers, and experts in quality measurement and reporting.
The Department is particularly interested in ensuring that the Advisory Board reflects the diverse breadth and scope of the members and providers who participate in HUSKY Health, as well as including individuals with technical expertise relevant to the Department’s cost and quality transparency strategy. Commissioner Gifford anticipates that the Board will have a maximum membership of 15, including six state agency heads designated in the Executive Order.
**The initial meeting of the Board is scheduled for Tuesday, January 12, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., via Microsoft Teams.
- The agenda for this meeting will be as follows:
- Convening remarks by Commissioner Deidre Gifford
- Introductions by board members
- Overview of HUSKY Health quality and cost indicators by Kate McEvoy, Director of Health Services, and Deputy Commissioner Mike Gilbert
- Please follow this link to view information on recent finance trends in the Medicaid program
- Please follow this link to access the meeting via Zoom
For more information about Governor Lamont’s Executive Order #6, please visit https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor/News/Press-Releases/2020/01-2020/Governor-Lamont-Signs-Executive-Orders-on-Reducing-Healthcare-Costs-for-Connecticut-Residents
For updates, please visit this site at www.ct.gov/dss/advisoryboard.
Thank you from the Department of Social Services.