- Sales tax relief for sellers of meals: Read the bulletin

- Learn more about myconneCT

Connecticut IFTA

Beginning on September 13, 2021


IFTA and other fuel taxes will be added to myconneCT!

  • Renew licenses
  • Order decals
  • File returns
  • Make payments
  • And Even More

Click here for more information about myconneCT

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among jurisdictions (states of the United States and Canadian provinces) to simplify the reporting of the fuel use taxes by interstate carriers. IFTA may significantly reduce the paperwork and compliance burdens for reporting fuel tax liability for gasoline, diesel, propane, blended fuels (gasohol or ethanol), compressed natural gas, E-85, M-85, and A55.

Existing CT IFTA Licenses

Reference Guides
Instruction Guides

Stay tuned for IFTA related myconneCT tutorials.

New CT IFTA Licenses

To register for the first time as an IFTA licensee in Connecticut, you must register with DRS as a Connecticut business and complete the IFTA/Motor Carrier registration through myconneCT. Note: You must provide your USDOT Number at the time of registration.

As part of the registration process, you will be required to create a myconneCT username and password for online access to your account. Login to your myconneCT account to obtain your CT Registration Number.

Once you register,  DRS will process your application and mail your license and decals to you. DRS will also provide you with a unique IFTA Account Number.

IFTA Reference Materials

  • New version coming soon