The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among jurisdictions (states of the United States and Canadian provinces) to simplify the reporting of the fuel use taxes by interstate carriers. IFTA may significantly reduce the paperwork and compliance burdens for reporting fuel tax liability for gasoline, diesel, propane, blended fuels (gasohol or ethanol), compressed natural gas, E-85, M-85, and A55.
Existing CT IFTA Licenses
- COVID-19 Waiver Requirement - March 20, 2020
- IFTA returns processing system quick reference user guide
- Guia del Usuario de Referencia Rapida para Titulares de Licencia de IFTA
- Maintain your User Account
- Renew your IFTA License
- Filing an IFTA Return
- Uploading an IFTA Return
- Viewing your IFTA License
- Ordering Additional IFTA Decals
- Viewing an IFTA Return
New CT IFTA Licenses
To register for the first time as an IFTA licensee in Connecticut, you must:
- Register with DRS as a Connecticut business using form REG-1 which you can access from the Registration/Applications page
- As a first time Connecticut IFTA Licensee, you will also need to file form CT-IFTA-2. Complete the form and mail it to the address provided with the amount due for the decals you are ordering. DRS will process your application and mail your license and decals to you. DRS will also provide you with the unique IFTA Account Number you will use to apply for online access to your account.