Information Regarding Dental Assistants
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE REQUIREMENT FOR DENTAL ASSISTANTS TO PASS THE DENTAL ASSISTING NATIONAL BOARD’S (DANB) INFECTION CONTROL EXAMINATION:
Current Connecticut dental assistants who have not passed the DANB Infection Control Examination prior to July 1, 2018 still have nine months to receive on the job training by a licensed dentist to prepare for and pass the examination.
New Connecticut dental assistants hired after July 1, 2018 have nine months to receive on the job training by a licensed dentist to prepare for and pass the examination if they have not done so already.
- Diagnosis for dental procedures or dental treatment;
- Cutting or removal of any hard or soft tissue or suturing;
- prescribing of drugs or medications that require the written or oral order of a licensed dentist or physician;
- administration of local, parenteral, inhalation or general anesthetic agents in connection with any dental operative procedure;
- Taking of any impression of the teeth or jaws or the relationship of the teeth or jaws for the purpose of fabricating any appliance or prosthesis;
- Placing, finishing and adjustment of temporary or final restorations, capping materials and cement bases; or
- Practice of dental hygiene.