CT WiZ School Nurses
Quick Links Technical Support Healthcare Provider Login
Per CT WiZ statute 19a-7h, Executive Order 13C and the DPH confidentiality agreement, school nurses may only access records in CT WiZ for students attending their associated school(s).
School nurses not administering immunizations to students are granted “read only” permissions in CT WiZ. School nurses administering immunizations to students (in a school based health center setting, for example) are granted clinic access permissions and should refer to those trainings. This page consists of training materials to support school nurses in using CT WiZ.
- Request User Access to CT WiZ.
- Search for students’ immunization histories.
- View the recommender of due and overdue immunizations for students in your school.
- View and print full or COVID only official immunization records of your students.
- Manage student rosters to enable you to run reports to verify your students meet school immunization entry requirements.
*Note: Some students may not be in CT WiZ, primarily those born out of state or whose parents opted out, or may not be found in CT WiZ as an exact match to your student roster upload.
How to Request Access to CT WiZ
- For information about requesting an account, and username and password issues, visit CT WiZ User Account.
- Per state law, school nurses & school nurse supervisors who are required to verify the immunization status for children enrolled in Pre-k through 12th grade at a public or private school, can be granted access to CT WiZ. School Nurse assistants (such as LPNs and unlicensed aides) are not able to access to CT WiZ.
- Note: If you are associated to multiple schools, when you request your CT WiZ account please enter each school name in the "Organization Name" field separated by a comma.
CT WiZ School Nurses Desk Guide A comprehensive guide on how to:
- Roster students (so that reporting functionality can be used);
- Run reports, including those that list students who matched in CT WiZ who are not fully vaccinated (due/overdue) for COVID-19 (see reminder/recall report instructions);
- Search for an individual student’s vaccination status; and
- Enroll/unenroll students in your school roster
- Import a school roster School Roster Import File Specifications Instructions for Powerschool and Campus to associate students to your school/district. *Note: When uploading a school roster, CT WiZ only associates patients who are already in CT WiZ with your school roster. Students are not added to CT WiZ from the upload. For additional instructions, please view the desk guide and videos.
Print an official immunization record In CT WiZ, you can view and print an immunization record in two places:
- On the patient's Immunization Home screen, under Links at the top of the page.
- In the Reports module under the Patient section.
CT WiZ for School Nurses Training Videos
- CT WiZ School Nurse Series – Introduction to CT WiZ (6 mins 30 secs): Introduction to Connecticut’s CT Immunization Information System (IIS) for school nurses in Connecticut tasked with using CT to help in the administration of their duties.
- 00:13 What is CT WiZ?
- 00:36 What are the benefits of CT WiZ?
- 01:09 Confidentiality in CT WiZ?
- 02:20 How are patients notified of their automatic inclusion into CT WiZ?
- 03:11 How can patients enroll in CT WiZ?
- 03:49 How do I request a username and password to login to CT WiZ?
- 04:21 Where can I get help with CT WiZ?
- Enrolling and Unenrolling Students Video (11 mins 31 secs): Instructions on how to upload a school roster to a school you are assigned. This feature attaches a school and grade to existing CT WiZ patients who are a match to the students included on your school roster.
- 00:54 Uploading from File
- 03:24 Viewing File Imports
- 04:26 Reviewing Results
- 05:17 Common Errors and Warnings
- 07:46 Manually Enrolling Students
- 08:57 Unenrolling Multiple Students
- 10:20 Unenrolling an Individual Student
- Reminder/Recall Report Video (10 mins 34 secs): Instructions on how to run a report that lists students who matched in CT WiZ who are not fully vaccinated (due/overdue) for a specific vaccine, such as the COVID-19 vaccines, or for all vaccines.
- 1:10 Navigate to Main Reminder/Recall Page
- 2:04 Create a Reminder/Recall Run
- 6:06 View Results for a Previously Run Report
- 6:51 Unvaccinated Report
- 7:47 Report
- 8:58 Delete a Reminder/Recall
Need more information?
Submit a request to our Helpdesk (using the CT WiZ School Nurse category). Please enter as much detail as possible to describe the issue or question. Attach screen shots, if possible, to the email. Depending on the priority of the issue or question, inquiries can be resolved between 1 and 5 business days.