File a Credit Report Complaint
How do I submit a complaint?
- Obtain a free credit report. The three nationwide credit reporting companies (Equifax, Experian and Transunion) have set up a central website, a toll-free telephone number and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.
- Visit annualcreditreport.com.
- Call toll-free: 1-877-322-8228
- Mail completed form to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
- Review your credit report to make sure the information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. To guard against identity theft, confirm that you have authorized all the accounts listed.
- First, you must ask one of the credit reporting agencies to fix the problem, and provide sufficient time for the credit reporting agencies to respond. If you are dissatisfied with the response received, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) pursues complaints about credit reports, and may be able to help you directly. If you need further assistance, file your complaint with the CFPB. The CFPB can also assist consumers by phone, at 1-855-411-2372.
- Free Credit Reports (FTC)
- Disputing Errors on Credit Reports (FTC)
- Identity Theft
- IdentityTheft.gov (FTC)
Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline: 1-877-472-8313
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions. Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address. To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.