Egg Grading Plant Registration

 Instructions on how to apply online.


Shell Egg Flow Chart

  Sec. 22-48a. Egg-grading plants. Registration. Permit. Each person, firm or corporation operating an egg-grading plant in Connecticut, which engages in receiving eggs from Connecticut producers for processing, distribution or sale, shall register with the Commissioner of Agriculture in a manner and on forms prescribed and furnished by the commissioner. Such registration shall be renewed annually during the month of October. Such registered person, firm or corporation shall not receive eggs for processing without a permit from the commissioner. Each person, firm or corporation so registered shall keep on file a list of all producers from which eggs are received.

      (1972, P.A. 130, S. 1-3; P.A. 98-12, S. 2, 22; June 30 Sp. Sess. P.A. 03-6, S. 146(e); P.A. 04-189, S. 1.)
For further information, please contact:
Agricultural Commodities Unit
450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 702
Hartford, CT 06103
Phone: (860) 713-2513
Fax: (860) 713-2515