Job Opportunities with the State of Connecticut Executive Branch
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) has instituted
Online Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to simplify the application process for applying
for jobs in the State of Connecticut Executive Branch.
Among many new features, you will be able to efficiently search and apply for current job openings on-line via our mobile-friendly website and receive e-mail notices about the status of each application. On the new site you will also be able to do the following:
- Register as a user and set up a “Master Application”*. There is no longer the need to manually fill out a new application every time you want to apply for a job. Now, you can simply maintain your “Master Application”, use it to apply for current job openings, and check the status of your applications on a 24/7 basis. You will also receive e-mail notifications pertaining to your status, so be sure to actively check your e-mail.
- Fill out “Interest Cards” so that you can receive e-mails and/or text messages about future job openings. You will need to renew your Interest Card selections annually. This feature replaces the former Biznet E-Alerts.
*Important for State Employees: Use a personal e-mail when setting up your Master Application and signing up for Interest Cards. Using your State e-mail is not permitted under the Acceptable Use of State Systems Policy.
Upon “Go-Live”, key changes to the overall process when applying for State of Connecticut Executive Branch jobs include:
- Discontinuing the practice of separate applications for examinations and job openings. You will no longer have to be on a former examination list to apply for current job openings (except for the below job classes). There is only one website called the On-Line Employment Center (OEC) and, if there is a current job opening that interests you, simply apply for it! Our evaluation of whether or not your application meets the minimum qualifications of the job will constitute the examination.
- Eliminating all examination lists, with the exception of the following job classes:
- Correction Officer
- Correctional Lieutenant
- State Police Trooper Trainee
- Protective Services Trainee
- State Police Sergeant
- Police Sergeant
- State Police Master Sergeant
- Police Master Sergeant
- State Police Lieutenant
- Police Lieutenant
- Eliminating the former paper based application (CT-HR-12). Upon “Go-Live”, this form is not valid and will not be accepted. The only way to pursue employment opportunities with the State of Connecticut Executive Branch will be through the aforementioned OEC.
- Discontinuing the use of Biznet accounts for E-Alerts and viewing examination scores. Biznet will still be available for the Law Enforcement Recruitment Website to see the State Police Trooper Trainee/Protective Services Trainee examination scores, when the latest examination has been promulgated. Future Correction Officer recruitments will be posted on our new site.
We hope applicants looking for state employment opportunities find the new website fresh and modern.
For more assistance with the new system please visit: How To Apply on the new Job Openings Site.