Public Notices are provided as a convenience to the public. The official legal notice has been published in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws.
- Proposed Decisions Issued by the Office of Adjudications
- Scoping Notices/Environmental Impact Evaluations (EIE) Published in the Environmental Monitor
- Final Decisions Issued by the Office of Adjudications
- Declaratory Rulings and Other Agency Decisions
- Final Regulations
Availability of Grants/Requests for Proposals
- NOTE: Agency Bid Notices/RFPs for goods and services and/or construction are published on the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) State Procurement/Contracting Portal
Connecticut Partnerships in Parks Initiative
DEEP is launching an initiative to identify concepts for potential collaborations with the private sector that elevate outdoor recreation and visitor experiences, expand tourism destinations, and provide equitable and sustainable access to outdoor recreation in State Parks. Following are some of the opportunities for public participation in this process:
- A Request for Information (RFI) is being issued that seeks concepts for collaborations involving State Parks. Submissions are due to DEEP by March 1 or April 30, 2024, depending on the proposed implementation date.
- A Public Informational Meeting will be held on February 6, 2024, for those considering submitting a response to the RFI or those interested in providing comments on the program. Preregistration is requested.
- Public Comments about the initiative will be accepted via email through February 16, 2024.
Download the notice with details, registration, instructions, and contact information here. For more information, visit the initiative webpage.
Connecticut’s Integrated Water Planning Management: Request for Public Comments for Water Quality Planning Topics and Locations
Public comments will be collected from January 3, 2024, through February 16, 2024. Two public meetings will be held on January 16th via Zoom (registration required) from 9:00-10:30 a.m. and 6:00-7:30 p.m. Here we will feature a presentation on the Integrated Water Planning Management process and identification of water quality priority focus topics and potential waters for development of Water Quality Action Plans.
- Interested people are invited to attend and participate in the session. Written comments may be submitted through email or regular mail by February 16, 2024. Email comments should be submitted to: email@example.com. All comments must be submitted in writing. For more information visit the IWPM 2 Webpage and Factsheet.
Batterson Park Study Public Input Sessions
- Download the Final Batterson Park Study (Submitted Jan 15, 2024).
- Pursuant to Section 143 of Public Act 23-204, DEEP is required to “study the feasibility of, and recommend options for the provision of, public recreational access to the Batterson Park property located in the city of New Britain and the town of Farmington” in consultation with the city of Hartford and other interested municipalities. DEEP held three public input sessions in Farmington, Hartford, and New Britain and is accepting public comments on the Draft Batterson Park Study through December 18th via Eric.Hammerling@ct.gov.
Following are the documents associated with the public input sessions:
- Overview slides presented at each session (PDF)
- Zoom Recording of Public Input Session in Farmington (12/4)
- Zoom Recording of Public Input Session in Hartford (12/6)
- Zoom Recording of Public Input Session in New Britain (12/7)
Offshore Wind and Zero Carbon Procurements - Notice of Request for Public Comment and Draft Request for Proposals
- DEEP is conducting 2023 procurements for new zero carbon electricity generating resources and offshore wind to improve the reliability of the region’s electric grid while improving energy affordability. Please view DEEP's Grid-Scale Procurements page for more information and to view the public notices requesting comments and the draft requests for proposals.
Informational Meeting Regarding Air Quality Monitoring Projects in Hartford and East Hartford
- DEEP will hold a public information meeting on Monday August 21, 2023, concerning air quality monitoring projects to be conducted in Hartford and East Hartford, beginning this summer. Download Notice and Register
Notice of Intent to Amend Air Quality Regulations and Revise the State Implementation Plan
- NEW: Download Notice of comment period extension for Low NOx and ACT.
Comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. on August 30, 2023.
- NEW: Download Notice of comment period extension for LEV IV and ACC II.
Comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. on August 30, 2023.
- Notice to amend section 22a-174-36d and to adopt the regulatory infrastructure necessary to establish emission standards and electrification targets for medium and heavy- duty motor vehicles. A public hearing will be held, if requested, on August 22, 2023. Comments will be accepted until August 23, 2023. Download Notice
Note: A hearing has been requested and will be held on August 22, 2023. Please register at through the link provided in the Hearing Info ACCII.
- Notice to amend section 22a-174-37 and to adopt the regulatory infrastructure necessary to establish emission standards and electrification targets for medium and heavy- duty motor vehicles. A public hearing will be held, if requested, on August 22, 2023. Comments will be accepted until August 23, 2023. Download Notice
Note: A hearing has been requested and will be held on August 22, 2023. Please register at through the link provided in the Hearing Info MHD NOx Omnibus and ACT.
Draft guidance memorandum regarding CEMS data averaging under CT NOx RACT rule
- DEEP is voluntarily and informally seeking public comment on the draft guidance memorandum, “Acceptable use of diluent cap in reducing gaseous and/or liquid fuel-fired combustion turbine and boiler CEMS data to demonstrate compliance with RACT emission limitations under RCSA § 22a-174-22e.” Comments should be sent by e-mail to Jacob Felton, Director, Air Enforcement Division at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 23, 2023.
Bottle Bill Advisory Group
- In order to maximize transparency and engagement with all stakeholders interested in Bottle Bill implementation, DEEP is announcing a continuation of the Bottle Bill stakeholder engagement process by forming a Bottle Bill Advisory Group that will meet regularly to receive updates and provide input on DEEP’s implementation of its responsibilities under Public Act 21-58. Learn more. A meeting will be held on July 24, 2023 at 1:00pm on ZOOM. Register here.
Comprehensive Materials Management Strategy (CMMS) Amendment
- DEEP has released a draft amendment to the Comprehensive Materials Management Strategy (CMMS) for public review. DEEP has scheduled a Public Informational Hearing on February 16, 2023 on ZOOM. Comments will be accepted on the document until March 10, 2023. Comments should be emailed to DEEP.MMCAPlanning@ct.gov with the subject line “Draft 2023 CMMS Amendment.” Any questions may be directed to the same address. More information can be found here. Other related documents including the Sustainable Materials Management Regional Waste Authority (RWA) Grant Program can be found at Comprehensive Materials Management Strategy (ct.gov).
- View the notice of the CMMS Amendment here.
- View the Waste Infrastructure RFI
Request for Public Comment
- The department is requesting public comment on stewardship plans submitted in accordance with Section 22a-905h of the Connecticut General Statutes. These plans outline the collection, transportation and processing of gas cylinders. Please submit any comments by August 11 by email to DEEP.MMCAPlanning@ct.gov. More information and the materials for review are available here.
Public Meeting Concerning Development of Hazard Tree Mitigation Policy
The Department hosted a public meeting on March 15, 2022 at 6:00 PM EST via Zoom to receive comments from the public to assist the Department with its development of a hazard tree mitigation policy. View Public Notice comments here.
- DEEP DRAFT Hazard Tree Mitigation Policy Posted. DEEP is notifying the public that the DRAFT Hazard Tree Mitigation Policy is available for review and DEEP is accepting comments through 11:59 PM on July 17th. View the public notice and policy here. View the emailed public comments and CEQ comments. The recorded public meeting from July 11, 2022 is also available for online viewing. Please note there is an unofficial computer generated transcript, which may contain typos.
- DEEP FINAL Hazard Tree Mitigation Policy Posted. DEEP is notifying the public that the FINAL Hazard Tree Mitigation Policy is available for review. View the final public notice and policy here.
Content updated January, 2024