Danbury State’s Attorney Releases Report on Sandy Hook Investigation
Stephen J. Sedensky III, State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury, today released his report on the investigation into the December 14, 2012, shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School and a private residence in Newtown.
- Follow this link to download the State's Attorney's Report - PDF File, Size 608K
- Follow this link to download the Appendix to the State's Attorney's Report - PDF Portfolio - Size 26M
The report concludes that the 20-year-old Adam Lanza acted alone when he fatally shot his mother at their home in Newtown and then went to the elementary school where he fatally shot 20 first-grade pupils and six adults and wounded two other adults.
“The purpose of the investigation was to determine what crimes had been committed and whether anyone will be prosecuted as a result of those crimes. Based on a painstaking investigation it is determined that there will be no arrests or prosecutions. The Connecticut State Police are to be commended for their tireless work on this investigation and their consideration of the families and victims involved,” State’s Attorney Sedensky said.
“With the release of this report today the investigation is closed, and no additional release of information or documents by this office is anticipated,” State’s Attorney Sedensky said.
A copy of the report was provided to Governor Dannel P. Malloy.
The extensive Connecticut State Police case report, which numbers several thousand pages on this tragic case, is completed. The process of redaction is underway: that is, any information contained in the report that is required by law to be redacted must be removed prior to the release of the document. The process will be completed as quickly as possible.The State Police are expecting to complete the redaction process before the anniversary of this tragedy.
The State Police will post online an announcement when the case report is available and how it may be obtained.