Commission on the Standardization of the Collection of Evidence in Sexual Assault Investigations
Minutes of the Meeting of June 21, 2010
Office of the Chief State's Attorney
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Statutory Members present were Chair Patricia Froehlich, Candida Fusco, Erica Kesselman, Nancy Kushins, Patti Lamonica, John Leventhal.
Non-Statutory Members present were Linda Cimino, Evelyn Godbout, Jennifer Milette, Elaine Pagliaro and
Introduction of new member, Erica Kesselman, Obstetrician-Gynecologist representing the Connecticut State Medical Society.
Minutes from the February 22, 2010 meeting were accepted.
Distribution of Technical Guidelines
- Evelyn Godbout, Information Technology Manager for the Division of Criminal Justice, presented options to members regarding distribution methods for the Technical Guidelines. Ms. Godbout is working with the Connecticut Department of Information Technology to create a secure website where the guidelines can be accessed by health care facilities.
- In addition to the secure website, the guidelines will be distributed to health care facilities in hard copy with a disk version attached. The Commission will submit a letter to the Forensic Science Laboratory requesting they create 150 CDs of the guidelines for distribution. The Commission will also ask the Permanent Commission on the Status of Women to prepare 150 hard copies of the guidelines.
- A subgroup of the Commission will work together to draft a letter to accompany the guidelines when they are distributed to the health care facilities. This letter will highlight substantive changes made since the last revision.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SANE/SAFE) Update
- Linda Cimino led a discussion regarding the pilot program.
Reimbursement to health care facilities
- Linda Cimino provided reimbursement data.
The next commission meeting will be on September 20, 2010. This meeting will be held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Office of the