1st Booster Shot:
If you are 18 years or older, you can choose which vaccine to receive as a booster shot, regardless of the vaccine type you originally received:
- If Pfizer was your primary two-dose series, you can get a booster five months later of either Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson.
- If Moderna was your primary two-dose series, you can get a booster five months later of either Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson.
- If you received the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you can get a booster two months later of either Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer or Moderna.
If you are 5-17 years old, you can get the Pfizer booster. Other COVID vaccines are not authorized for use in people under 18.
2nd Booster Shot:
People in the following groups can choose to get a 2nd booster of either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the 1st booster:
- Adults ages 50 years and older
- Adults who are moderately or severely immunocompromised
- Minors ages 12 to 17 years old who are moderately or severely immunocompromised are eligible for a 2nd booster dose of Pfizer-BioNTech