Renewing an expired or lapsed initial educator certificate in Connecticut


To renew an expired initial educator certificate, an applicant must meet all current testing and course work requirements. A review may be conducted based on interstate agreements, experience, course work, and testing.

To begin the process, an ED 183 application should be submitted. Applicants will be contacted by email if additional documentation is needed for review.

Learn more about advancing your initial educator certification.