Mortgage Broker Licensing

Essential Statutes

Please reference the relevant Connecticut Statutes (§§ 36a-485 to 36a-498f, 36a-498h, inclusive, 36a-534a and 36a-534b), as amended from time to time.

Please note - If you are an officer, partner or member, you will need to be licensed as a mortgage loan originator if you meet the definition of mortgage loan originator set forth in statute.

Other Relevant Information:
How to Apply:

If you wish to apply for a mortgage broker license you should begin by first reviewing Connecticut’s Jurisdiction-Specific Requirements along with Connecticut's mortgage licensing statutes which provides the current licensing procedures and requirements applicable to mortgage brokers.

If your company already has a completed record in the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System and Registry, then applying for a license in Connecticut merely involves filing your company's record (Form MU1), control person records (Form MU2), relevant branch records (Form MU3) and relevant Loan Originator records (Form MU4) with Connecticut through the NMLS and mailing in the jurisdiction-specific requirements to the Department.

Go to the Getting Started page of the NMLS website and follow the steps outlined:

NMLS Resource Center button

Any questions relating to the NMLS should be directed to the NMLS Call Center at (855) 665-7123.


Connecticut Department of Banking
Consumer Credit Division
260 Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT 06103-1800

Telephone: (860) 240-8200 or toll-free 800-831-7225
Fax: (860) 240-8215

WHO TO CONTACT -  Contact Allison Bellucci by phone at 860-240-8267 or send your questions via e-mail to for additional information.